Orders will normally be sent via the Royal Mail. The options for delivery include:
- Royal Mail Special Delivery
- 1st or 2nd Class Recorded Delivery
- International Signed For
- Air Sure
- A nominated courier service as per your delivery option at checkout.
- All parcels will be fully insured up to the compensation value of your chosen delivery option at checkout.
- All orders will be dispatched 1-2 days after checkout or subject to the availability of the items.
- If the items that you require are not in stock we will email you with the current expected re-stocking date and at this point you may cancel your order if you do not wish to wait.
- All deliveries times are approximate and obviously subject to geographical restrictions.
- Royal Mail now guarantees delivery on Saturday subject to additional charges.
- There are no deliveries on a Sunday.
- Once an order has left our dispatch department an email can be sent to you with the relevant tracking information if required and chosen as an option at checkout.
- We reserve the right, if so required to choose the best shipping option
Delivery of Order:
- We will not ship to a PO BOX number unless you email before dispatch with a valid reason.
- Air and ground shipment times are calculated in full business days and do not include weekends or holidays.
- Over sized and heavy items maybe subject to additional charges. We will contact you by email or telephone to advise accordingly.
- Any additional charges will be added to your bill and charged accordingly.
- We also delivery to all military BFPO addresses throughout the world.
- Watches & Rings ships Monday through Thursday. Friday dispatch is discouraged due to the delicate nature of some parcels that maybe held in external warehousing facilities over the weekend period. However, if requested we will dispatch if required.
Tax or Duty:
- Some types of deliveries that are dispatched require a signature and are fully insured up to the compensation level as indicated by your checkout option. We will supply you with a unique package tracking number if required and chosen as a checkout option. You will be responsible for receipt of delivery. If a parcel is returned to us undelivered then we may pass on to you any charges levied against us and charge you for re-delivery.
Within the European Union there is no extra duty or tax payable. Deliveries outside the European Union may incur a small customs duty charge which will be levied by your postal delivery service directly to you if affected. We have no control over this and cannot refund or reimburse any such payment. Orders outside the European Community are exempt from UK Tax (VAT). Shipping Problems:
- In the unlikely event that your item is received in a damaged condition, or not received at all, then the Royal Mail or nominated courier may conduct an investigation. Please be advised that these types of circumstances are beyond our control and as such we cannot admit any liability or offer any form of compensation. The claim process and any subsequent investigation will be conducted solely by the shipping agent and Watches & Rings has no impact on the proceedings or outcome. DO NOT discard the original packaging, as the Royal Mail or the nominated courier may want to inspect it as part of their investigation process. Watches & Rings reserve the right to delay re-shipment of any goods until the claim process has been completed and monetary reimbursement has taken place. We will not refund any money until the claim is settled.
- Late and missed deliveries are also unfortunately beyond our control and as such we cannot be held responsible for failure to meet delivery times or dates. The Royal Mail or nominated couriers are chosen because of their commitment to customer service. We have found in our experience that they have demonstrated an ability to succeed at consistently maintaining customer service levels. In the unlikely event that you do encounter a problem then please address this directly with the service provider if that is the Royal Mail or nominated courier.
- Claims for shipping problems within the United Kingdom can take up to 30 days to process. If the Royal Mail or nominated courier claims responsibility for the loss or damage of your parcel, then the insurance reimbursement will be issued to Watches & Rings and a replacement item will be shipped out immediately. If that item is no longer available, and a similar item is not wanted or is deemed unsuitable, then Watches & Rings will refund your payment.
- International shipping problems will be subject to a similar process but time scales may vary by country. If you encounter a problem making a claim and or need our advice, then please feel contact us at any stage and we will work together to establish a mutually agreeable outcome.
- In the very unlikely event that you receive your item and it is not what was ordered, then please contact within 5 days of receipt and we will resolve the issue immediately. Product discrepancies notified after 5 business days may not be honoured for replacement.
- Once your parcel has been signed for, by anyone at the delivery address, it then becomes your responsibility. This is an important consideration when nominating a work or alternative address for delivery.
These other terms are in addition to our standard terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse delivery to specific addresses both in the UK and internationally either due to an increased risk of fraud or the address cannot be located. If a product specifies free delivery then we will ship the product via our chosen delivery method only; the item will be fully insured to the value of the goods.These products may be marked as free delivery or another easily identifiable method to identify there is no additional shipping/postage costs. Weights of items detailed throughout the store are the shipping weights of the item and may not necessarily be the actual weight of the item which may be high or lower than this weight. Shipping costs are made up of the postage costs charged by our delivery agent plus packaging costs. All items are securely packaged to ensure safe delivery. We tend to recycle packaging material.
Personalised items are typically dispatched directly from our suppliers and as such are subject to their own delivery times (as stated). Due to packaging constraints we may send multiple parcels when more than one item is ordered, we will endeavour to keep this to a minimum. We use Royal Mail services to dispatch our goods and as such are reliant on their working days which are classed as Monday to Friday 0900 to 1700 hours excluding bank holidays. Goods ordered outside of these times will be dispatched on the next available working day. Special Delivery requests such as "leave in shed/ porch if not in" can only be honoured if you have this agreement in place with your local Royal Mail delivery agent. All such requests will only form part of our contract with you if accepted by us, in writing, prior to you placing an order through our web site.